Monday, January 11, 2010

Frustrated Bernina 830 sewer

This is a place to share your frustrations with your sewing machine if you have purchased a Bernina 830. I bought my machine while attending the Chicago quilt show in April 2009 and must say it has been nothing but an embarrassment. To have spent the amount of money on the machine. Threads break and tangle, fatal errors pop up, dealers are slow to return calls if they return calls, Bernina - never returns calls.

Yesterday I was so tickled that I was able to machine quilt 3 rows of stitching without a thread break. Then the bobbin ran out of thread, a piece of lint caused the gear jam image to appear and 25 minutes later I was straight stitching again. Later in the evening a Fatal error occurred.

Today I am going to reapproach the project. Can't wait to see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment